Wednesday 16 October 2013

Paintings



My two daughters share a bedroom. One is 4 and the other is turning 12 in a few weeks. I'm very proud of both of them - they help out with piñatas from time to time and are very smart young ladies. Although sometimes the youngest 'helping' is actually more of a hindrance, sometimes she's quite brilliant and I don't know what I'd do without either of them!

The three of us have lived here for a year now and we're still unpacking and settling in. It's taken us that long to finally agree on a colour scheme for their room. It's difficult to find things that an almost teenager and a little one have in common!

I found a rug in Ikea (vile cattle market I enter under protest, although now they've started selling alcohol in the shop it's become slightly more bearable) which had a rainbow pattern on a black background and that's now the
theme of their bedroom. I've been working on a series of paintings for their walls and I'll be raiding our fabric bins for making them curtains. Buying them like normal people would just be too easy! We've been recycling the same curtains for years now - in fact a ridiculous amount of recycling goes on in our house.

Anyway, this is more of a personal post and it's not really piñata related, I just wanted to add pictures of the paintings I've been making. I'm not very good at it but I'm learning as I go along. Although I have managed to sell a few of the ones I've painted so far somehow. And the kids are pleased with them. Probably much more so than anything we could buy in a shop because they have a say in how they turn out. I hope that they'll both contribute to their room with some of their own projects - especially as our fridge and freezer are practically buried in their art work/prizes/merit cards etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment