Friday 25 October 2013

Mirror ball pinata

I was asked to knock up a quick disco ball piñata for a childrens party this week. I love mirror balls and fairy lights and although this one went down a storm and was truly appreciated by the lucky birthday girl I'm still quite upset to see it go. I think I'm going to have to make one for our house.

We did used to have a giant one in the kitchen but got rid of it in the interests of taste when we moved. Unfortunately I've reverted to my disco ball ways and spangley ways (especially after discovering mirror ball fabric) so we're now having a bit of a mirror ball theme in our piñata house. Rest in pieces mirror ball. I don't envy whoever had to clean up all the mosaic tiles afterwards (obviously not made of glass).

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get the mosaic tiles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. They're square sequins and are available from a variety of craft shops, Mine are from CI creativity international www.cilimited.co.uk- hope that helps! X

      Delete