Sunday 23 December 2012

Make your own christmas pinata - no skill required!

Making your own Christmas present piñata is easy, cheap and a fun way to keep children of all ages busy this Christmas.

 All you need is;
# A cardboard box - I get a lot of packaging so I had a few saved up but you can generally get them for free at your local corner shop or buy them fairly cheaply online.
# Some stuffing - Suitable for the kids in question. This is for a family of boys, the eldest of which is 15 and the youngest 3, the stuffing also needed to be halal so I spent a while reading labels. Never knew there were so many ingredients in swizzles sweets. You can spend as much or as little as you like - from a few wrapped sweets from the local market to a whole host of flash goodies.
# Wrapping paper - you can even cut out and stick on pictures from old magazines or get your children to have fun decorating it themselves. You can even make them fluffy like a traditional piñata. 
# String or ribbon
Instructions
1) Fill the box with your stuffing
2) wrap it or decorate it
3) Add ribbon

Couldn't be simpler than that! I'm busy working and dealing with porley children this Christmas so I haven't had time to make the usual flash Christmas pinata's for the children I buy presents for so this was a quick and easy solution I thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment