Sunday 28 February 2016

I'm still active!

I haven't been on here for a while. I've even let several of the websites lapse. I like a challenge. I can make any kind of piñata. I miss the buzz of agreeing to make something and then getting off the phone only to think 'what the hell have I done!', and then creating something amazing. I've been learning how to make paper, books, then seeded paper and then buying a printer which I could then print onto that seeded paper with. I've also been teaching classes.

Then I started on marbling, and quilling/filigree as well as expanding my knowledge of origami (which I keep using to entertain random children) and other papercrafts. Until I filled in a few 3d papier mache canvases. Then expanded that to playing with fabrics and wax projects (including furniture polish) before starting on my current thing.

I've rescued bags upon bags of shredded paper from landfills and I'm turning it into furniture. So far I've almost finished a chair for my youngest daughter (photos on their way), a new chassis lounge style chair and a shelving unit. I'm hoping to have some sort of exhibition or display once I've finished. Although I'll probably need a couple more pieces. I'm onto my 4th blender, since the last one started to smoke and give off that electrical burning smell...

So basically I'm working on expanding, learning, facilitating learning as well as keeping up with all of the other things in my life. I thought I'd add a post here since I've not had any on-line presence for a while.

I'll neaten this up and add pictures eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment