Thursday 16 May 2013

Papier mache coffins, cheap, affordable and kind to the environment.

We've had a few funerals lately and deaths of people we know. I  said that when I die I expect someone to make me a coffin but I've been told that when I do I'll have to make my own because no one I know is brave enough to attempt making one!

I'm not sure how I feel about keeping my own coffin around the house or even in the cellar but I definitely thought it was something interesting to look into. I like the idea of having a green coffin made out of recycled materials that will rot down into the earth quickly. I'd also love something that's quirky and suits me.I like the idea of having something that makes people smile when they see it. Maybe something bright and eye catching, that's more like a work of art than your typical funeral ware. Or perhaps I'd go for something black, iconic and ironic.I'll have a go at a couple and put pictures up, when I finally have time. It's not everyone who gets to design their own coffin!

I didn't make the coffin in the picture, it's actually a coffin piñata but I thought it was appropriate (for me at least)!

No comments:

Post a Comment